Egyptian Electronics Startup Integreight Wins Regional Final For The Olympics for Startups Get in the Ring Middle East
It was the first ever Regional Final of Get in the Ring hosted in the Middle East after Get in the Ring started a strategic partnership with Saudi Telecom Company (STC) in September.
After surviving a pre-selection round and a national final, the 8 most promising startups of the Middle East were selected to battle for the regional title of Get in the Ring: Middle East, STC Challenge. The winner would also secure a place in the International Final of the competition, taking place on the 21st of November in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
The startups battled in front of the Champion judges, which consisted of four well-known entrepreneurs and investors from the Middle East and a Dutch Business Angel & Serial Entrepreneur.
Not only did the startups pitch in front of 5 Champion investors, there where over 1800 registered visitors. After four exhilarating battles, only four of the eight contestants were left. The final decision was a hard one as all entrepreneurs fought hard for a spot in the International final. After the
Champions deliberated over the startups, the majority of the votes went to Integreight, beating the likes of Pixelbug, Melltoo and Sawerly. Commenting on his victory, Amr Saleh from Integreight said
“The fact that you pitch your whole company in 2 and a half minutes is amazing, it challenges you to fit all your hard work in a small presentation. Get In The Ring is a great, worldwide competition for startups”. Integreight participates in the Flat6labs Cairo accelerator program in Egypt, one the National Hosts of Get in the Ring.
Even though he did not win the competition one of the finalists, Rashid Ali from PlagiarismCheckerX, said afterwards “One of the best experiences I have ever had. It’s a great initiative that lets startups take the stage. It was, next to the great battles, a pure networking event. In one word: Fantastic!“
The next step for Integreight is to battle 7 other Regional Winners from all over the world in the International Final. The battles continue on November 21st in Rotterdam, The Netherlands!
The Startups that competed in the Regional Final were:
1. Sawerly, founded by Hussein A. Attar, provides a platform for the showcase of the work and talents of photographers which can then be hired. (winner Saudi Arabia, www.sawerly.com)
2. Magision, founded by Shahzeb Mirza, combines 360 degree holographic technology that uses hand motion to interact with virtual objects. (winner Pakistan, www.magision.com)
3. Integreight, founded by Amr Saleh, develops novel products for the electronic hobbyist and education market. (winner Egypt, www.integreight.com)
4. Pixelbug, founded by Dany El Eid, is an interactive technology firm that focuses on four main areas: augmented reality, projection technology, gesture based tech and mobile/web services. (winner U.A.E, www.pixelbug.com)
5. Melltoo Marketplace, founded by Morad Irsane, is a mobile-first social network for buying and selling, it’s a friendlier way to buy and sell which will move classifieds into the mobile era. (best runner up U.A.E, www.melltoo.me)
6. WeziWezi, founded by Amer Al Omari, keeps you updated with local and international news, and it gives you the chance to gain new friendships all over the Arab World. (winner Jordan, www.weziwezi.com)
7. AYA Games, founded by Salem Alanzi, is a Mobile & Social gaming studio focused on screating culturally relevant games for the huge unaddressed Arabic gaming market. (best runner up Saudi Arabia, wildcard, www.ayagames.co)
8. PlagiarismCheckerX, founded by Rashid Ali, is the best plagiarism detector of 2014 for students, teachers and Bloggers. It’s 3 times faster, accurate and free. (best runner up Pakistan, wildcard, www.plagiarismcheckerx.com)
The Champions (jury) were:
1. Samer Kurdi – Global Chairman Entrepreneurs Organization (Saudi Arabia)
2. Rakan Al Eidi – Managing Director Endeavor (Saudi Arabia)
3. Tarek Fahim – Director Tamkeen Capital VC & Serial Entrepreneur (Egypt)
4. Kees de Jong – Business Angel & Serial Entrepreneur (Holland)
5. Ahmad Takatkah – Partner Leap Ventures VC (Jordan)
The Panel members were:
1. Ahmed F. Almaziad – General Manager of Business Development & Innovation at STC
2. Dr. Ahmed Alshumaimri – Professor of Marketing & Entrepreneurship
3. Nawaf Alfouzan – Managing Director Private Investments Group, Falcom Financial Services
4. Rashid Al Ballaa – Founder and CEO of N2V & Board member of National Technology Group