Kartag Car polling, Sharing Rides in Egypt
The concept of car polling or ride sharing is not new, but it is new to the region. Kartag has developed an iOS and Android app that enables car drivers in Cairo Egypt to share their ride with friends and friends of friends.
The concept is simple. If you are looking for people to join you in your ride you post a request and people who want to use a ride post also a request then a matching happens enabling users to agree in both others. Also users can rate each other to give a feedback to the community.
Here is exactly how KarTag works:
Get KarTag App
1. You login using your Facebook account.
2. You select either “give a ride” or “need a ride”
3. According to your choice (either give or need a ride), you will be shown the list of your Facebook friends and friends’ friends who have made similar (either give or need a ride) requests.
4. You can choose from this list with whom you would like to carpool (in other words, share a ride to a common destination or from a common starting point).
5. You will also be shown a list of commonly frequented places in Cairo – including CityStars, AUC, GUC and Smart Village – at or to each of which you can decide to give or need a ride – going to work or university with fellow students or colleagues, daily or weekly, for example.
6. When a (give or need a ride) request is made, the receiving party will receive it and decide whether to Accept or Decline – in your Inbox you will receive a notification of Accept or Decline.
7. Your Inbox serves you for sending and receiving messages and notifications to and from fellow KarTag-ers.
8. You have the possibility to rank (1 – very bed, 5 – very good) your fellow KarTag-er, which will allow other KarTag-ers to have your feedback and make a decision accordingly.
9. Currently, we will NOT be charging any service fees from KarTag-ers, assuming that you will share your rides for FREE with your Facebook friends or friends’ friends or let the decision to KarTag-ers who carpool together.
Innovative idea that solves lots of traffic problems in traffic heavy Cairo.