Nokia Released Updated and New Free Ramadan 2010 Applications
AS the Muslim’s month of Ramdan is about to start, Nokia has launched recently a new range of mobile applications and content tailored for the holy month of Ramadan. This is the second year that Nokia launches such apps.
The new range of Ramadan applications 2010 are available for free on Ovi Store, and the last Ramdan applications has been updated with a new features.
Karim Moussa, Head of Marketing, Nokia Lower Gulf said that last year Ramadan apps has recived over 1 million downloads and this year’s app now support more Nokia devices.
This year’s Ramadan applications a include the Holy Quran, Prayer Times, Hadith, Boyoot Allah, Arabica, Mozzaker, and Makkah and Madinah. New features include Quran recitation from multiple recitors ( which we demanded last year) from which users can choose to download in MP3 format. Prayer timings and Qibla direction are provided for 1000 cities in 200 countries, along with the ability to add, remove, update and edit any location using the GPS.
The new Boyot Allah helps Muslims to locate the nearest mosque on Nokia’s free Ovi Maps and Navigation platform. The new mobile services also feature locations of Major mosques in the GCC and the world, such as the two holy mosques, Masjid Al Haram in Makkah and Masjid Al Nabawi in Al Madinah. Additionally users can also find locations of mosques all around the world using free Ovi maps available on Ovi store.
Boyoot Allah applications is the most useful addition as it helps Muslims around the world find Masjed’s near by whenever they go to a new area or city.
Ramadan applications for 2010 are compatible with a range of Nokia Symbian based devices including Nokia N97 mini, Nokia E72, Nokia E52, Nokia X6, Nokia 5230, Nokia 5530, Nokia C5, Nokia 5235, Nokia 5800, Nokia E5, Nokia 6700 slide, Nokia 5233, Nokia X3, Nokia 6303i, Nokia 2710 and Nokia C3. The user interface for the applications is available in English, Arabic, Farsi, French and Urdu.
Nokia 2010 Ramadan Applications include the following:
- The Holy Quran: allows users to read, search, bookmark and listen to Quran recitation
- Prayer Times: provides prayer timings and Qibla direction for 1000 cities in 200 countries, along with the ability to add, remove, update and edit any location using the GPS
- Hadith: gives an easy and convenient way to read the Honorable Hadeeth from Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Riyad us-Saliheen, Holy Hadeeths and Arba’in An Nawawi
- Boyoot Allah: helps Muslims locate the mosques in different cities using Ovi free maps around the world.
- Arabica: helps non-Arabic speaking Muslims to read and understand Quran, Hadeeth and Dua in Arabic by self-learning or with the help of online teachers through their mobile.
- Makkah and Madinah: offers a mobile guide with multimedia content and the most famous places that people can visit during Hajj and Umrah
- Mozzaker: allows mobile users to listen, search and translate a large collection of of daily Azkar and selected supplications. People can also download more Azkar and share via SMS and MMS with friends and family
The Ramadan applications are developed by ASGATech, a Forum Nokia Premium Partner in the Middle East, with all content reviewed and approved by Al Azhar Al Shareef.
Great job Nokia but we are looking forward for a killer new mobile that can take on iPhone.