It Is About “Injustice & Liberty”: Update About Hillary Clinton’s Competing Project with ArabCrunch

5 Aug, 2010

After we posted about Hillary Clinton’s and the U.S Department of State plans to enter into competition with ArabCrunch with a new project under the U.S department website. As part of the US government engagement plans for entrepreneurship in the Muslim world ,  as a new pillar to fight “extremism” or “terrorism” as the U.S administration says.

A lot of people misunderstood the issue as ArabCrunch is against competition.  The conversation about the issue dragged by some people  ”intentionally or unintentionally” away from the main points .

We are not against competition, in fact we already have competitors in different fronts and many of them are our friends, and many of us supported each other in different ways, competition is healthy and helps everyone innovate. History also has examples that even giants at the size of Google fail to compete with solid startup such Youtube.

But Google is not the U.S federal government. What we are against is unfair competition, the point about US Department of State entering in competition against ArabCrunch is that it is not just against free market principles, as our sources who are close to the US Department of Defense and the US State Department has informed us that if we do not join the US government effort, they will destroy “you.”

We already said “NO” to Greg Behrman Member of US State Department Policy Planning Staff about his “Collaborating” idea, as the term sounds like become “our spy.” And personally I hate that type of “business” “whether it is Evil “business” or whether “it is ethical and its ends and means are justified “. However, Craig might not “necessarily” mean “become our spy.”

To those who do not know,  The Washington Post recently published a web report about the size of the Intelligence community in USA alone, it includes about 1 million people and thousands of locations and companies that are used as a “cover” for secret operations.

Out side USA, the CIA reach is even bigger, they are “almost” in every country and the nature of their job is covered. Meaning they do not have the CIA banner on their T-shirts. You can use google for more info.

We are not here commenting whether the large size of the US intelligence community is justified or not, or whether all its operations are ethical or not, we are here just stating facts.

Some people have told us that there are many ways the CIA “might” hurt the writer of this blog post and ArabCrunch, “for example”, a small DDoS attack to divert attention from something else. US government pressure on certain other governments that would make life harder for us as another “example.” – PS: “example” does not necessarily means it really happened.”

That is why I talked about unfair competition and being “concerned”, their resources and reach is beyond mine or that of ArabCrunch at any standard. Even if the U.S Federal government resources put into this are not “massive.”

This is not a nationalistic feeling, it is not Arabs against America or Americans, or East VS. West, No. It is true that I am not American but a Jordanian citizen, even if I was an American citizen it would not be fare at any measure.

This is about  injustice and liberty.

At ArabCrunch we do not consider Americans as enemies at all, we do not consider any nation as enemy, we do not have this nonsense views. In fact we plan to increase our coverage of International & U.S startups, and more startup events not justs in the Arab world but also in USA and Europe to help drive innovation and create jobs. Again we have no political agendas at ArabCrunch or political opinions.

We are NOT anti-american as a certain “person” accused me wrongly before, at ArabCrunch and me have many American friends, and many of them have helped us in different ways. We admire innovative companies  in USA such as Google, Twitter, Gowalla and Facebook ( but not all Facebook practices) and we admire the entrepreneurship drive and culture in Silicon Valley.

I am not afraid as I wrongly stated, but “concerned”, again we have no plans in considering the US Federal government as an “enemy”, even  ”if” they do, or “if” “certain parties inside it do” or “is miss informed”. And I do believe that whats some people accuse some US federal government personnel of being “evil”  or “poppets to certain lobbies ”  is not necessarily true. I am sure many  people have good “intentions.”

But at least in technology, Hillary Clinton has proven before to be saying something and then doing something else. As with the case of China , Source Forge and around 120 million innocent people in South Korea, Cuba, Iran, Syria and Sudan who were banned from the freedom to code freely. And the US president Obama has wrongly before called social media as “a distraction”, even though it was one of the reasons behind the success of his presidential campaign. Social Media includes blogs personal, corporate or professional, such as ArabCrunch.

The Guardian reported that earlier this year, “Wikileaks published a US military document which disclosed a plan to “destroy the centre of gravity” of Wikileaks by attacking its trustworthiness.”

We said before there are plots from different directions against ArabCrunch, we are not at liberality “now ” in identifying more info.

At ArabCrunch we are not “yet” mainstream, but we are not “nothing” as certain “parties” suggested, the fact is we are growing day after day and moth over month, and we have been for a while and still the #1 tech, startups and social media blog from the Arab world, our worldwide ranking according to invesp is number 6 worldwide in innovation and e-commerce categories and 10th in startups. Our ranking is ahead of entrepreneurship blogs from icons such as Wall Street Journal, Financial Times and Forbes. ( taking into account that investp does not measure our RSS subscribers from Feedoor which we still use for now and that our monthly visits is much much more than what invesp reports.)

Again, we do not have political comments so we are not commenting whether George Bush is a great man or not or if Obama is a great man or not, but Bush said once “with us or against us”, we are not commenting whether this saying was applied before or still applies to the current Obama’s administration’s policy. But does this saying apply to the technology industry and entrepreneurship in the Arab and Muslim world? and to ArabCrunch? Is the U.S government “engagement plans” will be “positive” to everyone?  Even to those who refuse to join? or criticize “wrongly or rightly” ? The near and mid term future has more answers!

Yesterday I received many calls asking me about our sources who are close to the U.S State Department and the U.S Department of Defense who have informed us that if you do not find ways to collaborate with the U.S State Department, they will destroy “you.”

I am not at libirty to provide “sources” of anything of relevance to anyone. and I hope the following comment at the previous post that sounded from someone from “certain secret intelligence community” has any implications to my  personal freedom and  safety:

“Well obviously I think there is always room for such articles in the tech world. Specially when it’s on “the right” side.
Thanks for the writer and the people who commented. As long as, this topic remains here in this page “only” its no big deal. We can move on, just knowing what we had to know.
Thanks for the update “

#Images by: merfam, Ben Fredericson and Marco Bellucci.

1. Khaled Saed  |  August 5th, 2010 at 9:37 PM #

Gaith I like you posts and I pray To God you will not become another Khaled Saead : who was beaten to death by 2 detectives outside a cybercafé in Alexandria, allegedly for posting a clip on the Internet exposing the policemen sharing the lout from a drug bust.

The commenter you posted his comment make me worry.

2. k  |  August 6th, 2010 at 1:04 PM #

I have no issue with what Gaith has said or mentioned, its in context and reasonable.

its not he who changed its the comments after.

3. Ala' Abuhijleh  |  August 6th, 2010 at 9:50 PM #

Sorry, but I believe this issue is taking larger than it’s actual size. Don’t believe it needs all this buzz!

4. Gaith Saqer  |  August 6th, 2010 at 9:52 PM #

why is that?

5. SunShine  |  August 6th, 2010 at 11:39 PM #

You guys are miss leading the public here, the writer said he received threats which is a crime!

This is illegal and unjust move by the CIA and its operatives.

I will use Asang reply to Pentagon/CIA criminals ”We are familiar with groups whose abuse we expose attempting to criticize the messenger to distract from the power of the message.”

those who are saying this is bullshit or “not needed” are supporting criminals and put a question mark about their True “affiliations”

you should read the “leaked document that dates to 2009 about CIA plans to destroy wikileaks image to the public by attacking its heart ( trust.)”

IF you were under such threats the public needs to know!

6. Rasha Mahmoud  |  August 7th, 2010 at 8:20 PM #

Assalamu Alaikom

Of course you have the right to be concerned about your safety ,but I also believe that you are taking Arabcrunch in a totally different direction Gaith. As long as there are no strong evidences that you can show to your readers these posts will continue to sound more off topic and exagerated. I am an Arabcrunch fan btw :)

7. Falcon at Blitze  |  August 7th, 2010 at 9:33 PM #

from Twitter: What would the CIA do now?

The CIA at least now know for sure that ArabCrunch posted that it received threats from sources close to the U.S Department of Defense and the State Department, this is a security risk and should be verified. to know if the sources are loyal and to who? and to know what evidence is there? what is the “damage”?

The CIA will do the following steps:

1- dispatch its operatives to try to know who are the sources, use different techniques.

2- look for the evidence if there is any, search Gaith’s house, laptop etc.

3- if evidence was found destroy it with no trace.

4- Destroy the center of ArabCrunch gravity its trust worthiness, Spread messages, comments that Gaith and ArabCrunch are lairs with no evidence, greedy, dictator a new “Saddam Hussian”. use other methods to destroy the trust of ArabCrunch. “pressure media not to post about CIA VS. ArabCrunch.

5- Pass laws that pushes sites such ArabCrunch and even worse wikileaks from taking further actions. use different diversion methods so Gaith can not dedicate what is coming to him.

6- Gaith and ArabCrunch has no evidence he must be crazy send him to the mental hospital, bring an army of Spays -plenty in 3d world countries- to witness against him. ArabCrunch is gone dead. State Department and its funded websites take over. No more headache from someone spoiling our Muslim engagement plan to look good but at the same time make sure all under our control and those of Zionists.

All is well know one knows what we did :)

7- killing or imprisonment of Gaith is one of the open options, interrogation and torture are open possibilities too if everything failed.

The question, Was Gaith aware of these steps? thought he was under surveillance and disseminated evidence with no trace to “certain parties” torrent for ex as an “insurance”. long ago, but pretended he did not know how? after all cards are exposed? and then the “Nuke” is at “the breaking news status”? even if he was in prison?

heheh would be exciting to know if Gaith knew and if he understands the reach and blackmail methods CIA pigs use.

8. Gaith Saqer  |  August 7th, 2010 at 9:41 PM #

for point 1- even though i posted here asking people not ask me about “sources” some connected me via different means to get to know the “sources” like “I was with you i did not hear that.” “I am ArabCrunch fan”

As for more info i am not now at liberty in providing further. But it was “Good to know” who connected me :)

from now one no anonymous comment that sides with the hillary clinton will be published unless a real name with solid URL is posted.

9. Rasha Mahmoud  |  August 8th, 2010 at 12:07 AM #

Well the only reason I said I’m an arabcrunch fan was because anyone who writes a comment opposing the post’s point of view is automatically treated as a CIA “affiliate” !! Which reminds me of the well known George Bush’s concept either you are with us or with the enemy!

Alhamdullilah I never post comments as anonymous even critisism coz I’m not a coward and as for the url here u go

10. Gaith Saqer  |  August 8th, 2010 at 12:28 AM #

Rasha i did not say if you are not ArabCrunch fan then you are an enemy, not true, we do not consider anyone as enemy even The US. State Department. I demanded a real name with URL so it would be clear to the world those who take such strong opinions in support of Hillary and others. IF certain people are proud of the US department and US Department of defense this is cool, and they are welcomed to post their comments freely, but they should be proud of what they believe and put their real names with a link and not act as cowards and miss lead the public.

and btw I do not lie about the sources I never posted lies about any source. as for “evidence” i can not comment right now. however again I do not post lies!

What happened is not a jock, i am not looking for publicity. there are better ways to get public attention rather than involve such controversial issues. This post is not a waste of time. the public needs to know what is going behind the seen. The public needs to know that what is unjust and “criminal in general.”

11. Gaith Saqer  |  August 8th, 2010 at 12:34 AM #

users should also provide full disclosure about your relationship with The US federal government if there is any.

12. Rasha Mahmoud  |  August 8th, 2010 at 1:01 AM #

I never said you post lies and never asked u about your sources and btw there is a big difference between evidence and sources .. You are just mixing the two things. A news agency can post a copy of a document or a photo or a video this is an evidence without telling who gave them this evidence which is their source..

Oh, and again I’m not affiliated with the US federal government by any means and its really sad to have to say this everytime you post a comment on Arabcrunch

13. Gaith Saqer  |  August 8th, 2010 at 1:36 AM #

Rasha I thank you for your comments and interests, the last comment was not directed to you, but to anyone in general. I can not comment right now on your request for a “document of any nature.” so please stop insisting because it sounds like i am a lier.

14. Fatin  |  August 8th, 2010 at 1:38 AM #

We are discussing something very important here no need to be tensioned or blame each other about some words me be can be miss understood because of the language which belongs to other persons not to us & as Arabic is our mother tongue is better to put dots on ” i ” by talking a plain English so that the speech will be more clear for all nationalities participating with their comments here !
    I just want to say what is not visible today will be tomorrow , & it won’t be a profit for Gaith to invent such monsonge (lies) to show himself or to attract more readers by this way if he do not really have proofs & facts of what he is saying ,specially that is not a joke , it is his life first & the reputation of arabcrunch second , for sure he will not trough away that easily !
    No one is coward here & there is no reason for being it !
    This is a social media place where, it is a must to share what we know for people awareness , otherwise , better to choose other job !

15. Gaith Saqer  |  August 8th, 2010 at 1:48 AM #

Allow me to explain a bet I am under no liability or obligation what so ever to post any proof of any nature. I do not lie! and ArabCrunch reputation is not at stake ok! because I do not lie and open the doors of hill on me!

16. Fatin  |  August 16th, 2010 at 6:27 AM #

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

عادة لا اترك تعليقاتي معلقة من غير متابعة ولكن منعتني ظروف قاسية للغياب عن الانترنت لبضعة ايام .
    اخي غيث , ان كان اخر تعليقاتك يشير الي فانا ااكد لك انك قد اسات فهمي تماما , فلا أخلاقي ولا ثقافتي تسمح لي ان اتهمك بالكذب في اي حال من الاحوال زيادة على هذا انك شخص اهل للثقة حسب تعاملي معك .كن متاكدا انني لم اطلب منك دلائل على ما تقولهه ولم افكر في الامر بتاتا .
    عرب كرنش ستبقى متالقة و محبي عرب كرنش سيظلون في ازدياد ليس عندي اي شك في مصداقيتها بل هذه المدونة اعطتنا الكثير من المعلومات القيمة وما زالت تعطي المزيد منها و انا شخصيا لا يمكن لي الا ان اكون من محبي عرب كرنش .
    غيث صقر انت اخ عزيز و انا شخصيا ادين لك بمساعدتك لي عندما فتحت صحيفتي الخاصة فلم تبخل ابدا بتزويدي بكل المعلومات التي يمكن ان تساعدني في تسيير مدونتي الخاصة ,اشكرك جزيل الشكر و انا متاكدة انني لست الوحيدة التي حضت بدعمك

17. Fatin  |  August 19th, 2010 at 2:12 AM #

In the name of God the most Merciful

Usually i do not leave hanged my comments & non-followed-up , but some personal conditions prevented me for being online for few days .
    My brother Gaith, if your comment above is indicating me , i am afraid to say sorry you did hardly misunderstood me ,neither my moral nor my culture allow me to accuse you of lying in any case , you are a person worthy of trust by my dealings with you ! Furthermore, Be sure, I did not ask you for any kind of proofs & never thaught about to ask you !
    Arabcrunch will remain sparkling and its lovers will continue to grow, I have no doubt about its credibility, arabcrunch blog gave us a lot of valuable information and will continue to give more of them , personally, i am one of arabcruch lovers .
    Ghaith Saqer ,you are a dear brother and I personally owe you your help to me when I opened my new site, you did provide me with all the information that can help me in running my own blog, thank you very much and I am sure that I am not the only person you did offer your support, for sure i can see others :)