Updated: How To help 3 Million Affected People From the Floods in Pakistan, On the Web and Mobile
Update: broken links fixed sorry for inconvenience.
Today one of the worst floods in Pakistan has affected around 3 million people with a death tool of 1,500. And that number is expect to raise.
According to Aljazeera English Sawt Valley was one of the areas affected worst by the floods as they brought down bridges and swept away entire villages.
Here is AC’s guide in how to help the flooded people online and via mobile:
- On Twitter follow hoshtage #Pakistan or #Paksitanfloods. IF you live in Pakistan please tweet pics so the world will know what is happening and upload to Flickr. this Twubs has a mashing of text images and videos.
- Islamic Relief launched £2 million (pound) appeal for Pakistan floods, you can donate online here. and via Just giving.
- Care International has also setup web page specficly to send online donations to help people in Pakistan’s flood here
- International federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent ( IFRC) also launched and appeal to collect 16,333,000 US dollars which will be used to “reach 25,000 families (175,000 people) in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab and Sindh provinces, as well as part of North West Frontier Province. Assistance will also be channelled to Red Crescent medical teams who are on the ground treating a range of ailments including injuries, skin infections and respiratory problems. “ online donations here, or via bank transfer.
- You can donate to the British Red Cross Pakistan Floods Appeal by texting the word “DONATE” or “FLOOD” to 70700. More info here. (Update: link does not work anymore RedCross UK says that they have disabled some pages due to heavy traffic here is another page from Red Cross in UK.)