Bringing Arab and US Communications Experts: #Amandla Forum Will Start Today
Under the them, “communications empowerment” the Amandla forum has lineup some of the top-notch minds to train the regions’ communications professionals in the latest trends in the industry. They include renowned brand transformation strategist, Marty Neumeier, author of bestsellers such as BRAND GAP and ZAG and thomas Gensemer, the CEO of blue stat digital, the company that helped organize president Obama’s campaign, as well s many more.
The forum features hands-on practical training sessions and panelists from the top Internet and media companies in the region such Bayt, Yahoo! Middle East, Flip Media and ArabCrunch.
In the press conference today Thomas highlighted how did the online campaign of president Obama made a success in raising 600 million USD: personal touch, old school door to door campaigning.. the internet just scaled it!
PS: Follow us on ArabCrunch for live blogging from the event and some live video streaming.
Here is the full program:
- Opening Ceremony & Amandla Surprise
- Plenary Speaker 1-Thomas Gensemer, Online Strategies
- “Mobilizing Online Communities that Drive Meaningful Results”
- 10:45 Plenary Speaker 2-Marty Neumeier,Brand Strategies & Innovation “Are You Zagging Or Lagging?
- Networking Coffee Break Sunny FM
- Plenary Speaker 3-Bill Orme, Press and Media Development
- Plenary Speaker 4-Abdel-Rahman Ghandour, Advocacy in the Arab World
- Plenary Speaker 5- Bob Walsh, Public Relations and Advocacy “A Conversation with Bob-Public Relations for Public Diplomacy: “Empowering people to Change the World”
- Networking Coffee Break
- Brand Strategies Marty Neumeier “The Zag Workshop”
- Government Communications Ed Salazar ” Overcoming barriers to communication with Governments “
- Basic Press and Media (Arabic) Abdelhamid Abdeljaber “Effective Communication Strategies”
- End of First Day
- Gala Dinner
Day 2: 6th May
- Storytelling PennyLegate ”The Power Of Storytelling”
- Brand Strategy Marty Neumeier “The Zag Workshop”
- Online Strategy Thomas Gensemer & David Nassar “How to Develop an Effective Online Communication Strategy”
- Citizen Journalism and New Media 7iber
- Networking Coffee Break
- Sponsor Speech
- Panel -Communications in the Arab World -Moderator Rania Atalla
- • Ahmed Nassef – MD / VP of Yahoo! Middle East • Anis Salem – Development Works • Isam Bayazidi – Ikoo • Laith Zraikat – Jeeran • Nadine Toukan – UrdunMubdi3 • Rabea Ataya – Bayt.com • Saad Abdul Hadi – Al Nasher PR & Advertising • Yousef Tuqan – Flip Media • Zeid Nasser- Media Me
- Plenary 6 – David Nassar,Online Strategy Arab World (Embracing the power of Online Communication in the Arab World)
- Coffee Break
- Press and Media Development- Bill Orme ”Transparency vs. Thought Control”
- CSR-“Corporate Social Responsibility David Nassar in The Internet Age”
- Effective Use of Social Networking (Arabic) Gaith Saqer/ArabCrunch
- Closing Ceremony
( Disclosure: ArabCrunch is a media partner to the event.)