CERT|Wharton Entrepreneurial Planning and Innovation Competition (EPIC)-DeadLine, 20th of December.
The CERT (Centre of Excellence for Applied Research and Training) Group of Companies the largest private education provider in the Middle East, has launched in collaboration with the Wharton School in Pennsylvania, USA the CERT|Wharton Entrepreneurial Planning and Innovation Competition (EPIC) . CERT|Wharton EPIC is open to all students from academic institutions in the United Arab Emirates (UAE.)
The competition is a four-month platform to help entrepreneurs and their teams launch their new business ideas. The top 8 teams will share in US $50,000 in cash prizes with the winning team receiving US$20,000.
Teams who want to apply to the competition are required to submit an executive summer before the 20th of december 2009.
The process goes as the following:
• Teams submit an executive summary of their business plan before 20 Dec, 2009.
• 5 January 2010-These submissions are evaluated and up to 25 teams will be selected – known as the “Top 25”.
• 28 January 2010- These “Top 25” submissions will be further evaluated and the top eight teams will be selected to participate in the finals – known as the “Great Eight” finalists.
• 18 February 2010The “Great Eight” finalists will prepare and submit a full business plan for evaluation.
• 7 – 9 Mar 2010-The “Great Eight” finalists will present a formal pitch to a distinguished panel of judges. Winners will then be selected.
To apply or for more details you can go to the competition’s website here..