NDrive Launches iPhone Navigation Apps for 30 Countries Including UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Morocco.
NDrive a Portuguese based company has launched NDrive’s navigation applications for the iPhone, providing mapping solutions for a number of countries around the world with plans for more maps in the future. For the Arab World NDrive has launched 3 iPhone Arabic/English navigations apps for United Arab Emirates (UAE) , Saudi Arabia Morocco and Egypt.
“With NDrive, iPhone users can now benefit from NDrive’s simple, intuitive interface, turn by turn spoken navigation, and unique features.” said Eduardo Carqueja, founder of NDrive.
NDrive navigations apps take advantage of iPhone’s GPS and Touch capabilities, so it can be used for navigation in the car, while walking or on an outdoor adventure and has turn by turn voice navigation commands. The apps run on iPhone 3G and 3GS and can be purchased from iTunes. The apps cost 99.99 USD. Maps on NDrive are provided from TeleAtlas the same company that provides maps to Google Maps and Competes with Navteq a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nokia.
NDrive Navigation System seems to have a number of useful features among them that users do not need a data plan, other features include:
- Three different routing modes: auto, pedestrian and adventure.
- Fast search that can search by initials.
- Advanced graphics so as to approximate reality more closely. 6-10 FPS/sec makes for video like navigation.
Routing and maps:
- Turn by turn spoken navigation
- Quick routing calculation algorithms
- Route demo or map of route when trip planning
- Alternative route selection options
- Adventure mode for off-road, air or at sea use
- Thousands of important buildings represented in 3D
- Publish and share location based information with other users directly from your device.
- User interface fully optimized with iPhone, rotate iPhone and map will adjust.
- Innovative Multi-touch gesture recognition for zoom, tilt and rotate that allows you to control and interact with the map. Kinetic scrolling.
- Call, SMS or visit websites of POIs directly from NDrive’s interface.
- User interface available in 28 languages
Founded by Eduardo Carqueja and Joeo Neto in 2001, NDrive Navigation Systems is a Portuguese company that began developing navigation software in 2005. Since 2009 NDrive has turned its focus to developing GPS programs for mobiles. NDrive software is compatible with iPhone, Symbian, Windows Mobile and Android platforms on hundreds of mobile devices.
(In the future I will test the apps and post more here Inshallah. )