(Updated) Nokia Releases New Free Ramadan Applications 2009 On Nokia’s Ovi Store

11 Aug, 2009

N97_white-AR

Updates 1,2 and 3 below.

Nokia just announced that its Ramadan applications for 2009 have now become available on Ovi Store. The updated free mobile applications tailored for the Holy Month of Ramadan can now be downloaded on the compatible Nokia devices directly from Nokia’s Ovi Store.

“Last year’s applications were very well received, as we saw over 2.4 million Ramadan applications downloaded. And based on the feedback we had received from Nokia consumers, we have further enhanced the offering this year to include additional applications as well as upgrades to some of the existing features. The applications this year also support a wider range of devices, to include both touch and non-touch Nokia devices,” said Chris Braam, Vice President, Sales, Nokia Middle East and Africa.

Nokia 2009 Ramadan Applications include the following:

• The Holy Quran: allows users to read, search, bookmark and listen to Quran recitation
  • Prayer Times: provides prayer timings and Qibla direction for 1000 cities in 200 countries, along with the ability to add, remove, update and edit any location using the GPS.
  • Hadeeth: gives an easy and convenient way to read the Honorable Hadeeth from Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Riyad us-Saliheen, Holy Hadeeths and Arba’in An Nawawi.
  • Zakah Calculator: helps Muslims calculate Zakah on different kinds of income
  • Hajj and Umrah: offers a mobile guide with multimedia content and the most famous places that people can visit during Hajj and Umrah.
  • Mozzaker: allows mobile users to listen, search and translate a large collection of of daily Azkar and selected supplications. People can also download more Azkar and share via SMS and MMS with friends and family.
  • Cards: helps users create their own Mobile Greeting Cards for different occasions and send them to family and friends via SMS or MMS.

Ramadan-Apps-nokia09

New features of this year Ramadan’s apps include Quran recitation from multiple recitors, which users can choose to download based on their preference and in MP3 form. Prayer timings and Qibla direction are provided for 1000 cities in 200 countries, along with the ability to add, remove, update and edit any location using the GPS. The new Zakah Calculator helps Muslims calculate Zakah based on their income.
The Ramadan applications are developed by ASGATech, a Forum Nokia Premium Partner in the Middle East, with all content reviewed and approved by Al Azhar Al Shareef.

Ramadan applications for 2009 are compatible with a range of Nokia devices including Nokia N97, Nokia N86, Nokia E75, Nokia E66, Nokia 7210, Nokia Nokia 6730c, 6720c, , Nokia 6303, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6120c, Nokia 5800XpressMusic and Nokia 5130, . The user interface for the applications is in English, Arabic, French and Urdu.

Users can launch Ovi Store from the Download folder on the main menu on their Nokia device or access nokia.com/Ramadan on the PC. However when I tried searching for one of Nokia’s Ramadan apps on the Ovi the search turned a null result. To make it easy for users to find the app, I recommend Nokia to feature them on the Ovi store to users in the Arab world.

I have managed to test quickly 2 apps “Hadeeth”  and “Zakah Calculator “ on my Nokia 5800 that uses S60 OS, it comes at 1.2 MB size. The Hadeeth app is read only and you have to connect to the Internet to download the content of each of its sections,  (Update1: this is the case with the other Ramadan apps.) you can also bookmark any Hadith and share it via  SMS. While the Zakah Calculator seems perfectly inline with Islamic rollings, as it displays many info regarding Zakah from its types to Nessab.
Great step by Nokia and I hope that other International Brands will follow the path. Last Ramadan  Google launched special gadgets for the holly month but with mistakes about the understanding of what Zakah is in Islam. (At that time Google was forming its Arabic team, so for this year if they launch Ramadan Gadgets I think it won’t include the same mistakes.)

Update 2: The apps are free, but there are problems in finding them, look over Ovi store via your mobile. I downloaded them for free!

Update 3:
I talked to Mohamed El Sheakh, Service Manager Nokia Middle East and Africa, and he explained few things, the Ramadan apps are not available on Ovi store for free outside Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Outside MENA they are available on sale via ASGATech , Nokia MENA is focusing on MENA for the Ramadan apps.

He also said that this Ramadan apps are based on the consumer feedback of Last Ramadan apps, so for example they made the core features included when you first download the app while the bigger files such as Quran recitation audio whether complete or each Sura alone can be downloaded later, so it would be easier for user to use the apps, in this case if someone do not have a good or affordable Internet connotation they can still use the main features of apps in this example read the Quran.

1. Mohammad Badi Irshid  |  August 11th, 2009 at 10:00 AM #

Ohh my god! awesome app.. I loved it ..:D

2. Mohammad Badi Irshid  |  August 12th, 2009 at 11:16 AM #

OVI store only show you these apps but you have to pay to get them .. check this page http://is.gd/2dmuV and read the prices. I bought Quran only and it's really great.. Good Luck

3. MaXeR  |  August 12th, 2009 at 10:45 AM #

Old :P ..
    All the 6 softwares released before 20 days at least..

Thanks anyway .. that's should be mentioned these days :)

4. Mohammed  |  August 12th, 2009 at 11:07 AM #

Salaam Mohammad, can you please let me know where you did find the applications? By searching in OVI store, I am not able to find them.

5. ArabCrunch  |  August 12th, 2009 at 11:10 AM #

ya Ovi store search does not work well, here is a link: http://store.ovi.com/publisher/ASGATech

6. ArabCrunch  |  August 12th, 2009 at 11:10 AM #

7. ArabCrunch  |  August 12th, 2009 at 11:10 AM #

they did not tell me that but thank u :)

8. ArabCrunch  |  August 12th, 2009 at 5:43 PM #

no man on Ovi store they r free, DO NOT Buy anything, I downloaded them for free. I will ask Nokia why r they for sale on ASGATech web site?

9. Mohammad Badi Irshid  |  August 12th, 2009 at 6:26 PM #

Man I was looking for download section to get these apps, but the thing i got is a page showed me two types (display :paid/free) the free section is Empty , the paid one contain the app packages, it led me to ASGATech where I figured out the prices. check this out http://www.twitpic.com/dmts6

10. Mohammad Badi Irshid  |  August 12th, 2009 at 6:26 PM #

Man I was looking for download section to get these apps, but the thing i got is a page showed me two types (display: paid/free) the free section is Empty , the paid one contain the app packages, it led me to ASGATech where I figured out the prices. check this out http://www.twitpic.com/dmts6

11. ArabCrunch  |  August 12th, 2009 at 6:39 PM #

ya man seems there is a bug, check Ovi store via ur mobile I downloaded all the apps for free! i contacted Nokia about this and i ll update u with an answer, soon inshllah once i get it.

12. Moh. Rashid  |  August 13th, 2009 at 3:45 AM #

sallams brothers and sisters! all the best for all of you during the coming month of Ramadan may Allah bless you.
    But i am having trouble finding this software on Ovi Store on my nokia n97. its not showing up, and even when i follow the link from the nokia website to Ovi on my phone, it comes up with ASGATech as the publisher but it displays no app…

anyone else having the same issue?

Ramadan Mubarak!
    Moh

13. ArabCrunch  |  August 13th, 2009 at 4:30 AM #

wa alikum elsalam, What i did is that i looked at all Ovistore apps on my mobile until i found them, however there seems a problem, I ll get back to you when I get an answer from Nokia

14. Mr.T  |  August 13th, 2009 at 8:42 AM #

guys all the ramdan apps on Ovi store are for free 100%
    when you downlaod ovi store client on your phone you need first to register to ovi. then at the recommended tab or Apps tab if you scroll down you will start finding the apps , and if not at the first page then you need to to toggle to 2nd or 3rd page till you find it.
    evnuaqlly you can do the same thin on your PC when you log on to OVI and toggle between the recommended Tab pages or Apps Tab pages

15. Mohammed  |  August 16th, 2009 at 9:59 PM #

Dear readers,

I have registered my phone Nokia N97, after that I browsed all 104 pages of the tab Applications, still I did not find these Ramadan applications.
    I hope Nokia will provide us with the solution before the start of Ramadan next week.

To be continued..

16. ArabCrunch  |  August 17th, 2009 at 6:30 AM #

i think they r online again check: http://store.ovi.com/publisher/ASGATech?cid=ovist

17. Ahmad  |  August 19th, 2009 at 4:13 AM #

I have been trying to obtain this s/w for days and not been able to. Can you please send me via email.

18. Mohammed  |  August 19th, 2009 at 9:48 AM #

Hello,

I am doing the same for more than one week, I have raised an incident at Nokia, maybe if you can also contact Nokia about this issue they can better recognise this issue:

email: ext-custservice.mena@nokia.com

Let 's hope for a solution very soon..

19. ArabCrunch  |  August 20th, 2009 at 11:21 AM #

Post is updated look at update 3 for where to find the apps

20. Tahir  |  August 21st, 2009 at 3:35 PM #

Salaams All, I dont understand why these apps are not being made avaible for FREE to people in the UK, why do we have to pay for them? surely we are all brother and sisters and should be provided the same service as our middle eastern brothers and sisters. ASGA Tech…please make these free for us…the sawab of using your apps is greater than any money you charge for them!

21. ali z  |  August 23rd, 2009 at 1:27 AM #

salaam ,im ali frm pakistan. I have not found these app at ovi store. Today is 1st , ramzan and still we cant, download frm ovi. Nokia plz do something b coz we need it in ramzan. Thanx . Ali z,

22. muslmbro  |  August 24th, 2009 at 9:45 AM #

brother visit the following link: and download all 2009 islamic apps by nokia for s60v5 n do pray for me

23. ali  |  August 25th, 2009 at 2:08 AM #

nokia , its 3rd, of ramzan and still we cant download the ramzan apps. Nokia u broke our heart . Plz plz plz manage these apps in ur download folder or make it easy for us. Otherwise i know we cant anythng but we can sale our sets and change our brands. Peopls of pakistan

24. muslimbro  |  August 27th, 2009 at 1:33 PM #

for E66,E75,6120 classic,N86 s60 v3 versions go here…

25. Handset Manufacturers preparing for Ramadan « PROFILE PROFIT MOBILE EVERYTHING  |  August 29th, 2009 at 11:04 PM #

[...] doing its Ramadan Campaign since 2006 and they have done it again this year. Nokia just announced that its Ramadan applications for 2009 have now become available on Ovi Store. The updated free mobile applications [...]

26. Chakki  |  September 1st, 2009 at 9:38 AM #

Thank you for your post, we also make commercial apps – like themes.

How do you think if commercial islamic themes would be appreciated?

We make themes like on http://5800nokiathemes.com/

Easy solutions ltd
    Konstantine

27. nazeer hussain  |  September 17th, 2009 at 8:03 AM #

i like this model it is very excelent and i like nokia and i love india

28. Handset Manufacturers preparing for Ramadan | Free Nokia 5800 Games, Nokia N97 Games, 5530 Games, Nokia 5800 and N97 Themes, Nokia 5800 and N97 Softwares, Free S60v5 Stuff  |  March 17th, 2010 at 10:20 PM #

29. Handset Manufacturers preparing for Ramadan | Heder 3G 4G - Mobile Phone Technology News  |  March 19th, 2010 at 2:18 AM #

30. nurjannah  |  July 22nd, 2010 at 2:51 AM #

i just found this post and i really need this appication. Can you plis give me link download for free with full package? I’m very thanksfull for your help.

31. ali Elsair  |  August 2nd, 2010 at 4:02 PM #

I’m Ali Elsair from Sudan .
    salam alikom .
    Ihad tried hardly to download these applications but unfortunatly I failed to do so , so would you main if I ask for adirect link to preform this act ?

32. Ramadan goes hi-tech with phone apps to help Muslims fast and pray | heave-ho.org  |  August 27th, 2010 at 4:52 PM #

[...] and recommended good deeds to help organise your Ramadan”. Nokia has its own updated, free Ramadan application suite, which allows users to browse the Qur’an, get prayer times and find their nearest mosque, [...]

33. اثير السعاده  |  September 13th, 2011 at 12:57 AM #