QRCE Selected to Join Microsoft BizSpark Program
The BizSpark Program is a new global program launched by Microsoft in many countries of the world. The program is Microsoft’s answer to the growing use of free open source technologies by many startups; it is an attempt by Microsoft to lure startups to use its own technologies by offering them many benefits and free resources.
The program is designed to accelerate the success of early stage Startups by connecting them to Network of Partners: active members of the global software ecosystem who can provide mentorship, guidance and resources to BizSpark Startups. BizSpark creates an ongoing, mutually beneficial ecosystem between Microsoft, Startups and Network Partners.
The BizSpark Program provides Startups with software, support and visibility at a time when they are most valuable and least affordable—during their first three years, with no upfront costs and minimal requirements.
BizSpark gives Startups fast and easy access to Microsoft’s current full-featured development tools, platform technologies as well as production licenses to bring to market innovative and interoperable solutions for the next generation of user experiences.
To be eligible for the Microsoft BizSpark Program, Startups must be actively engaged in development of a software-based product or service that is a core piece of their business model, have been in business less than three years, and have less than USD$1M in revenue. Startups may enroll for the program by obtaining sponsorship from a designated BizSpark Network partner
Qualified startups will gain Free access to:
- Design and Development and tools for your development team (including Expressions Studio, Visual Studio 2008 and VSTS Team Foundation Server)
- Production licenses to run your software-as-a-service business on the following server products: Windows Server, SQL Server, Office SharePoint Server, Systems Center, and BizTalk Server.
- Professional support from Microsoft: 2 technical support incidents per Startup.
- Access to MSDN Premium: managed newsgroups, forums, download, etc.
- Community Support from BizSpark Network Partners: guidance, resources, and mentoring to help your Startup grow.
- Opportunity to achieve global visibility to an audience of potential investors, clients, and partners by profiling your company in the online Startup directory, BizSparkDB, on the Microsoft Startup Zone Website.
- Opportunity to be highlighted on the BizSparkDB as a featured company and be promoted as BizSpark Company of the Week on the Microsoft Startup Zone Website.
Any startup who wants to apply to the program can email Najeeb Jarrar , Senior Research and Development Officer at QRCE, njarrar(at)qrce.org .
Sun Microsystems provides similar program called Startup essentials in only one Arab country: Egypt. Providing eligible Startups with: discounted servers, discounted on storage, Open source software, discounted partner hosting, free technical advice and training Co-marketing opportunities.
ArabCrunch applauds QRCE continues support for Startups and thanks Microsoft for this program launch in the region. But we also encourage other Global IT companies to follow this path, like Zend and Adobe and we also hope that Sun Microsystems Startup essentials will be available in more Arab countries.