Vodafone and Mobinil Launch iPhone 3G in Egypt

27 Nov, 2008

It is official iPhone 3G is now available in Egypt via Vodafone and mobinil, making Egypt the first Arab country to have a  iPhone 3G officially.

Vodafone Egypt’s website announced the availability of iPhone 3G,  so does mobinil’s website . I also saw an ad for Vodafone announcing the availability on MBC TV.

I do not have enough information about the pricing and plans VodaFone, but the iPhone 3G will only run on Vodafone network, meaning no unlocked iPhones. (I have contacted Vodafone for more info before, but they did not reply, I’ll try again now.)

As for mobinil the prices are iPhone 3G 8GB  for 3,800 Egyptian Pounds (EGP), iPhone 3G 16GB for 4,450 EGP, with special plans designed for iPhone.

Vodafone iPhone 3G launch in Egypt is part of an agreement between the mobile operator and Apple to sell iPhone in ten markets worldwide for Vodafone customers in Australia, the Czech Republic, Egypt, Qatar, Greece, Italy, India, Portugal, New Zealand, South Africa and Turkey .

ArabCrunch was first to report in the news that Orange will launch iPhone 3G sometimes this month in Jordan, which was confirmed by Orange representative, however there seems to be some delays in the launch, since Orange Jordan did not get the 3G license yet in Jordan! Nevertheless I will update AC’s readers with Orange position in this.

1. next time do a bit of research  |  November 27th, 2008 at 10:21 AM #

for someone who’s all about Internet startups it’s a bit strange that you didn’t bother checking Vodafone’s website.

This isn’t breaking at all. It’s been out for a couple of weeks now.

2. Ahmed A. Baghdadi  |  November 27th, 2008 at 11:53 AM #

I would like to thank you for this great website.
    You r making a nice job.
    about Iphone 3G. it is available 2 weeks ago
    and the price is same for mobinil and vodafone
    for 8g =3800 EGP and for 16=4450 EGP
    but Unfortunately it doesn’t have GPS as egypt formally prevents GPS in mobile phones.

3. Gaith Saqer  |  November 27th, 2008 at 9:17 PM #

@ next both vodafone and mobinil websites do not mention a date of the launch. but sorry i should have asked people in egypt about the launch date, and that the link u posted is part of the post already. anyways the breaking has been deleted. :D

@ahmed thank you for the info, please email me ur twitter so u can update me of things in Egypt, r u from there?

4. Hisham  |  November 28th, 2008 at 3:55 AM #

Thank you for providing such news from the Arab world, I notice that so maybe Arabs are interested on iPhone, I wrote some posts before about that when I found the Arabic translation for it, but I think iPhone will has Arabic now as they are sealing it in the middle east.. is that true?

5. Ahmed Baghdadi  |  November 29th, 2008 at 4:58 PM #

I am from Egypt but i am now working in Kuwait. but It’s my pleasure to send u the latest updates about things and events in Egypt as
    i am still interested in new technology and web 2.0
    my twitter: http://twitter.com/AhmedAli88

6. SaudiMac  |  December 5th, 2008 at 10:43 PM #

You should also note that the device is lacking Arabic support until now and the App Store is not available for Egypt!
    Apple needs to treat the Middle East as a real market instead of a subset of another sub-market!

Khaled.

7. للبنات فقط  |  December 16th, 2008 at 4:02 PM #

the price is too much ,in australia is much cheaper ,i thought they will afford it with a fair price ,you can check it on ebay too and i think it can be unlocked easy here .

8. انواع الصداع  |  January 17th, 2009 at 4:33 AM #

I think its also too much in Egypt I found a good prices in some auctions websites

9. Ahmed  |  June 19th, 2009 at 3:34 PM #

I bought iPhone 3G 16GB from Australia. It looks like the brand new (no tiny scratch) and actually is used for not more than 4 hours. I offer this phone for 4,000 EGP.

Now, I’m in Egypt. If there is any interest, please e-mail me at aelgharably@hotmail.com

10. omar  |  July 24th, 2009 at 12:56 AM #

Me got the 3gs…interested ?, 8ooo egyptian pounds , unlocked…

11. bodydetox  |  July 30th, 2009 at 5:53 AM #

my iPhone was actually a gift from my girlfriend. i really love this phone and i think that this is the best phone that money can buy. i like the features and the design.

12. kelvinson hamed  |  September 7th, 2009 at 3:20 PM #

hello i got a new apple iphone 3gs 16gb unlocked with all it complete accessories in it..i sell in us dollars and i have about 7 units i will like to sell to my friends here any one interested should contact me on:worldmobilesellingplaza@hotmail.com….

each unit of the iphone 3GS 16gb unlocked for any sim is $210 and shipping is $40 so total is $250..

kelvinson hamed

13. Mostafa  |  November 30th, 2009 at 1:30 PM #

i want one plz here is my email
    girlzenemy@hotmail.com
    waiting for reply,

14. Caitlin  |  February 11th, 2010 at 1:21 PM #

last year me and my brother bought an iPhone 3G. it is a great phone with lots of functionality and great styling too.

15. محمود  |  March 23rd, 2010 at 9:35 PM #

HI ALL I WANT TO BY I PHONE 3GS 23 i live in egypt NOW PLEASE TELL ME BY MAIL mahmoud_mino@hotmail.com

16. KOSHY  |  March 25th, 2010 at 12:04 PM #

dear All
    do not buy from Mr Abdul malek ahamed jaber he is thief no -1 you will loose ur money i loose my money beware of him

17. larry  |  April 9th, 2010 at 1:40 PM #

Brand new, never used.
    - Sent straight from from Iphone USA
    - Come with a pouch, data cable, stereo headset, home charger
    - Manufacturer warranty
    This is a brand new never used Iphone 3GS . Still has the sticker on it with pictures to prove it. Comes with a full year warranty along with an extra in box never used pouch.
    Brand New and unlocked to all networks..
    Comes with full 12 months international warranty.
    Sealed with complete accessories.
    SAMSUNG Omnia 2
    SAMSUNG Omnia I8910 HD
    Sony Ericsson Aino
    Sony Ericsson satio
    Ipad
    Sony Ericsson X10
    Google Nexus One
    Nokia X6 32gb
    For more information, send us an email:mobileshoponlinelimited1@gmail.com
    Original Apple Iphone 3GS 32GB In Black & White

18. mahmoud  |  April 19th, 2010 at 6:50 PM #

I own a piece of Oasis:
    2 piece China n97 = $ 200 apiece
    1 piece iphone 3gs China = $ 150
    Contents in the box: Bakrtonh battery charger USB headset portfolio of mobile color black
    And the device by the nylon bag (Paperback) from both sides (new)
    Powered Bluetooth Unlike the original iPhone works Bcrihtin

A camera and MP3 audio files run
    The MP4 Video

Supports Arabic, English and other languages

The phone memory and 512 KB.

Internal memory as 1899. B (2 GB)

Suffice it to small size characteristic

Multiple colors, white, pink, black, red

The offer for a limited period

————————————————– ——————————

We ship and deliver to you within 2 Working days of purchase through
    FedEx / DHL / UPS courier services to deliver at your door post.
    my name is mahmoud iam live in egypt
    country: giza.
    my mail: mahmoud_mino@hotmail.com.
    if you buy this please add me on my mail
    thanks

19. mark  |  April 27th, 2010 at 9:42 PM #

selling brand new iphones via shopmoreplaza.tripod.com