Next a to-do-list management web app developed in 2 days to be launched tomorrow
Update: The app was developed in 2 days not 3 sorry for the error, here is the launch post.
Next is the First project of Zero2Beta, which is an experiment on intense design and development of web application from concept to launch in a couple of days.
According to Zero2Beta Next codenamed (App1) will be a new approach to the “old-and-tried to-do list web app”. It would be very simple, intuitive and limited web app for handling short-term to-do list.
Next will not be a full-fledged to-do list system like RememberTheMilk, but rather to a web app that will address the short-term task management.
A day-to-day kinda thing; where time isn’t really a defining factor but rather a comprehensible list of tasks, their order and priorities.
Next will have some limitations to make it simple and efficient:
• Removing time from the equation
• One task to do at any time (on the homepage)
• Limiting the number of tasks (20 tasks for the whole list)
• Limiting the length of the task (140 characters per task)
Next will include a web interface, Adobe AIR app and iPhone application making it accessible on the web, desktop and on the mobile.
When Zero2Beta team first sat down to decide on an idea for the App1, they were looking for an idea with certain characteristics and principles to fit the concept. According to Zero2Beta those principles:
• Universal need: we were looking for something that all of us and almost everyone could use
• Innovative approach: we were looking for new “previously un-tested” ways to approach the idea.
• Minimalsitic approach: strip the idea down to its basics and solve the underlying cause first.
• Doable in 2 days: the idea has to be lightweight, that could be developed and delivered within 2 days.
• Passion: something all of us are passionate about.
• Fun: an idea that would be fun to work on.
• Working on new things: we were looking to add some new dimensions to the idea to include something that we have never worked on before.
7 people are currently working on Next:
- Rida: Development of the web app
- Mohannad: Graphics and Design
- Cloves and Michael: iPhone app
- Fouad: UI and Adobe Air
- Waseem: Adobe AIR
- Baher: Blogging, Marketing, PR and Photos.
I would like to see how this app will be like tomorrow, and how useful and different it will be to existing to-do-list/Task management web apps.
You can follow the Zero2Beta on their twitter account @zero2beta as they will post hourly updates throughout the next couple of days, to existing to-do-list/task management web apps.