Startup Boot Camp – TechWadi Event June 14, ’08.
TechWadi will be hosting the latest edition of the “Business Plan to IPO” event this upcoming Saturday June 14, 2008 in Redwood Shores, CA, USA.
TechWadi is an Arab American NGO based on Silicon Valley, CA, USA. It aims at Empowering Arab Technology Professionals in Silicon Valley & around the World.
“Business Plan to IPO “event is tailored to educating up and coming entrepreneurs on all of the aspects of creating a technology startups and running it successfully. All of the different phases of the life of a startup (from Business plan to IPO) will be discussed at the event.
TechWadi has assembled a world-class panel of experts that will offer entrepreneurs a detailed view of what it takes to build a successful startup:
* Ralph Rabbat – Chief Architect @ SearchMe, a visual search startup, backed by legendary VC firm Sequoia Capital.
* Youssri Helmy – CEO and co-founder @ Ideal Ratings, a startup in the financial services for Islamic Finance.
* Rami Elkhatib – General Partner @ SouthEast Interactive Funds, a VC firm with offices on both coasts.
* Anwar Imam – Attorney @ Weil Gotshal, a leading tech-focused law firm in Silicon Valley.
(and two more speakers will be announced soon).
Registration fee is for paid TechWadi members – $40 , non-members – $65 (who can get a discount on a 12-month membership), and students – $25. (To register click here.)
The Event Details:
Breakfast & lunch will be served at the event.
Saturday June 14, 2008
Registration starts at 8:30 AM. Conference proceedings start at 9:00 AM and should end around 2:00 PM
201 Redwood Shores Parkway,
Redwood Shores, CA 94065
* 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM: “Business Plan Development”
What goes into a successful business plan ? How do you develop financial projections? How much information do you divulge? …
* 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: “Building out your team”
How do you find co-founders? What if you need to hire a CEO? How do you split the ownership? What about outsourcing? …
* 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: “Deal Structuring”
How much equity should you give up? Who should be on your board? What is standard deal terms these days? …
* 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: “Fundraising for your startup”
What types of investors should you go after? How do you contact investors? What are investors looking for? …
* 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Lunch & Networking
Network with your fellow entrepreneurs
You can see what the event looked like last year here.